Friday, November 2, 2007

Pondering whilst scratching my wisker-less chin..

Yet another place-holder. I need a blackberry with voice recognition software so I can blog every random thought I have; thus not depriving any of the handful of avid readers the benefit of my disjointed musing.


Having to consider whether an androgynous look might affect me getting the job in a macho environment has given me something to think about.

Was growing beard, part fun, part the wife digs it, part upcoming Halloween, part proving my recent trend towards leaning femme was merely a fun hobby, can quit anytime etc.

Got call about ob interview, wondered about physical, etc, hadn't shaved head, face or anything else in 3 weeks, figured no harm waiting another 10 days. Surprised that when I had decided I could not, the urge to do so increase. Previously I had put it off 3 weeks with no angst, a few days into my 10 day plan to cont. my wo0lification was noteworthy.

Interview went fine, wiskers didnt hurt, surely didnt help either.

Range of motion tests were all I had so far, and no disrobement required. Next step isa call in 2 weeks for full physical. Now my smooth reprieve is delayed further.

Shaved my head and chin. Seemed to help. Feel neutral.

No comments: