Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Feeling better still.

Shopping will do that.

Not that it wasn't without its challenges.

Backing up a bit, I was feeling better this morning, then Dee came home. I didn't know what of the below post I wanted to discuss with her. She must have sensed my reticence . Despite the fact that I felt better, that message hadn't yet been transmitted to my visage so she still saw a mopey long face. She said she was worried about me and offered to make me some breakfast which I declined. I then thought better of declining as it just reinforced my sullenness. I went down and talked to her, tried to explain to her what it was about her post that upset me. She offered to take it down, said she should have just journaled privately. I tried and probably failed to convey it isn't that she posted it publicly but the fact that she at least as she wrote it felt that way about me. Anyway I had some malt-o-meal with a few frozen blueberries and Splenda.

She did take down the post. She also mentioned the actual password that I had gotten an email saying she had changed it. That didn't bother me since I hadn't known or cared to know the password previously. I found it interesting that she chose a word that seemed to indicate an interest in some sort of retribution. She insists that I am reading to much into it. As soon as she changes the password to something else I shall post the word and it will be most apparent that there was some sort of Freudian association,and I don't mean just in my mind.

Anyway enough of that.. Any residual hard feelings I had I used up on Chase Bank through the marvelous psychological device of transference. Dee got paid and sent me to the bank with her paycheck and ATM card. I was to make the deposit of the relatively small check and get $40 out for our shopping spree. The MFing bank did not make the funds available until tomorrow. I find this out AFTER I had made the deposit and checked the ATM. They assured me that there is not "HOLD" on the funds, just they are not "AVAILABLE". I fail to see the relevance of this distinction. I had spotted an older Pierre Cardin Couture collection custom suit in my size for $1 and needed to get right back and buy it.

I ended up driving to another city to collect $350 from a client and since there was a Goodwill Store there, I browsed a bit before going back to the one with "my" suit. Of course it was gone. Despite the fact that it had sat available for $1 on Monday and Tuesday unmolested, I spot it turn my back and its gone. :( My second choice was a sport coat worthy of Herb Tarlick that Dee vetoed.

The first Goodwill yielded a woman's all-wool double-breasted jacket that was mis-filed in the mens area that fits me well. I got a plain oatmeal polo shirt by Saks 5th Avenue. I got a woman's blouse with a hood. Not sure about the cut but loved the cerulean blue color. At the site of my great suit disappointment I really got nothing, but Dee met me there and got a cart full of stuff. She did find me a pair of Rockies brand cowgirl jeans. I bought a half dozen Corelle brand mis-matched cereal bowls for 50 cents a piece. They are nice because they are microwave and oven proof.

Nursing a minor headache I am recharging and planning to go out once again to yet another store.

Oh almost forgot. I was also trying to just do SOMETHING anything productive to kick start my day. I decided to gather a bunch of dove-for items that I have only saved with an intention to donate. None of the items were things we needed or would fit anyone now or in the future. I found 3 pairs of jeans, 5 pairs dress pants, a dozen t-shirts, a sweatshirt, a jacket, a couple of CD towers and an overstuffed chair. In the light of day the overstuffed chair looked a little grim. I loaded them all up hanging out of my hatchback and dumped them at Goodwill for a nice tax deductible receipt. The house will be a lot more orderly if I donate something every time we go in to shop.

1 comment:

Dee Talbot said...

I did understand what you were trying to convey. These feelings are going to come up for me. I moved the post so that while I work through my feelings, you don't have to feel guilt or shame or resentment. All you need to be aware of is my love.