Friday, November 2, 2007

Rant on the hopeless nature of government interventions.

Outline for a blog entry that didn't get done a short while ago: (I don't normally work off an outline but type stream of consciousness, but I am trying to work on my writing skills and focus my subjects better.)

A thread about daylight savings time inspired a rant. (What doesn't inspire a rant out of my male side?)

Interesting factoid I learned was that the Scotts at sometime (look that up) had a 2 hour change. One seems silly. Farther North 'needs' more daylight?'

I likened the daylight savings idea to the save gas and lives idea about driving 55 for the entire portion of my formative driving years.

Consider a clip of I cant drive 55? Hagar? was he with VH at the time?

Look up stats on accident rates at differing speeds.

Upshot is pick the speed most likely to be obeyed by the most people and you get consistent traffic flow which is more important than nominal speed.

Maybe link to my most recent experience being non-compliant with arbitrarily posted speed 'limits' and the tangential interaction with the Gendarmes that ensued.

No comments: