Friday, November 2, 2007

From Sling-Backs to Steel-Toes.

I went thrifting, want really into it, probably because Halloween shoppers had grabbed all the 50% off tagged items for crossdressing, slutty, or hobo-esque costumes. By the time Thursday dollar day rolled around there was noting left to mark down to a dollar.

Bought mostly shoes. They are harder for the average shopper to decode, and the colored tags fall off, do it wasn't obvious which were a dollar unless you are a shoe fanatic.

Mostly found ones for Dee, or her sister (who recently put me up for the night whilst hiding out from Roscoe and Cletus and waiting for my Interview the next day).

The 12 year old has feet the same size as the sister-in-law and snagged the cute ones for herself, leaving only the high dollar Anne Klein pumps because she disdains pointing toes. I like pointy toes myself, but not ON myself, even at a relatively modest size 9.5 size, point toes that ad an extra inch or more just scream trannny shoes to me. I want shoes that shrink me a couple of sizes.

I found a great pair of Doc Martins, but they were a Men's eleven. Even though I am wonderfully endowed in other ways,(intellectually, egotistically, humorously, etc etc...)-those would be too big.

I looked some more and found a great pair of scuffed Stanley work boots with the MSHA required steel-reinforced toes and really good remaining tread life. These I spent far more than anything else on at nearly $8. It seemed a good purchase Karma wise to assume I will be needing these for the much needed job I hope to get soon.

No comments: