Friday, January 25, 2008

Sisters and clothes.

No I don't mean borrowing from my sister. Other than the odd pair of pantyhose and the initial full dress-up at age three and a half, I haven't borrowed clothes from her for at least 30 years.

I started amassing a femme-drobe after I had come out to my wife. In assembling an actual outfit with her help, from time to time at first I had to borrow a shell or a top or jacket. As my wardrobe expanded to take over 2/3 of the closet, I was able to return the favor. She has borrowed my Liz Claiborn sweater top a time or two and depending on the shoe we can sometimes share. As I dieted out of things, she dieted into them, chasing me down the scale. Always though we have been careful to segregate the 'Hers' from the 'Hurs'. Dee explained that having seen arguments between sisters or roommates, she didn't want any misunderstandings. She always asks if she wants to borrow something. I am flattered that she wants to and get a a little private thrill out of seeing my clothes walking around in public.

Her weight loss has been at a faster rate than mine, and if I had managed to stop at my goal she would have already been been at her goal of weighing less than me. I am away from home eating really good institutional food. (No, I haven't been arrested....again) Its incredibly calorie laden food designed to sustain rough necks working 12 hour shifts. She has continued to lose meanwhile and there is a good chance that when I see her next we will be at the same weight. I a little taller, her a bit curvier.

When we got married we were about the same proportions and although she didn't know it of course at the time occasionally I did borrow, obviously without asking.

Today she was practicing her photography and post production skills and borrowed one of my thrift store ball gowns. The results really showed how beautiful she is and how confident she is feeling in her skin and my dress these days.

2 comments:

Curiously Kinky Wife said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dee Talbot said...

Your dress no longer I think. And while we won't be at quite the same weight, the gap is certainly narrower. I think that my four pound weight loss in the week that you have been gone is pretty darn good. I must have been missing you so desperately that food lost it's appeal ;)