Monday, January 28, 2008

Little White Dress.

I made the four hour dash home after getting a couple of days leave. I lied to Dee and told her I was going to sleep and then come the next morning. Towards the end of my 4 hours of excuses about where I was in camp and what I was doing, I couldn't reach her. I was a little worried I had pushed it too far and she was miffed at me putting off our nightly phone call so long.

All was forgiven including the foolhardy run home after 12 hours in the rumbly seat before I even left. I arrived weary, but pleased to be home. The kids were up and cheerfully enthusiastic about not alerting mom to my presence. I had a fantasy about getting a bath and a quality triple blade to touch up the hack job I did to my skin. None of that was to be, though.

We planned to have some "Barbara time" when the kids were bundled off to school. We had grand ideas of costumery and pictures, but the errands to get me ready and financed for the trip back out took up most of the time.

We did manage to get past Goodwill and spend about $9. I got a Glen Quagmire approved pilot's jacket with wrist stripes. (Giggedy!) Dee got herself a leather look jacked and a pink one. She got a couple of items for the kids. I found a slip with lace work at the décolletage in ivory and pink. Yes, I liked it for me too but pink is her color. My favorite purchase though was a lined, white lace, clingy, sleeveless dress I found with the wedding gowns. I had time to try it on before I left and was satisfied with the look even still wearing my briefs and crew socks.

The beard would probably need to go if I hope not to be read.

No comments: