Tuesday, January 8, 2008

In a Barbara State of Mind.

The other day, I was sitting in an nice custom tailored suite made from Saville row wool. I had my legs crossed subconsciously in Barbara mode. Dee and I were having a nice, easy conversation about things that in the past could have been tense. They weren't we even smiled about past behaviors and new openness.

Suddenly Dee said, "You are in Barbara mode!" I looked down at my legs and said, "Because of this?"

"No, but being in Barbara mode may have those sort of effects, I meant how open and approachable you are."

We talked at length about this, and why it is that Dee was so accepting of Barbara from the very first time we met. It is because Barbara shares with my male side the very best parts of me, the open quality that I use gruffness to hide and protect myself when in male mode.

No comments: