Sunday, October 7, 2007

Pasta Pounds

Years ago I weighed 107 lbs and sought the advice of the nutritionist at the gym I belonged to about gaining weight. She gave me a xerox copy of a diet plan. The title was "Pasta Pounds" and it involved eating about 5 meals a day to include pasta in a couple of them and drinking couple of banana-egg-protein-powder-icecream-milkshakes.

I bought the $35 a can powder. The label reveled it to be basically whey from dehydrated milk and some dehydrated eggs. Probably $2-$3 worth of product inside. Sadly, unlike more modern formulations of flax seed oil for athletes it contained no anabolic steroids. Three months of this and similar diets and 2-3 hours day in the gym bulked me up to Arnold Schwarzenegger proportions and 112 lbs

Yesterday I again did a thrift store circuit. It was 50% off day and I was going back for a piece of crystal stemware that matched a set my sister gave me 20 year ago,and a hand crank ice cream freezer. I found next to that a Ron Popeil pasta maker for $6.

I made angel hair pasta last night, kind of clumped together and ended up doughy I decided I added to much moisture. Today I made two batches of rigatoni getting progressively better with each attempt. The angel hair I ate with I-can't-believe-it's-not-butter spray and a little cracked pepper. For the rigatoni I turned it into a goulash. I added two cans of crushed tomatoes, 1/3 cup sugar, oregano, basil, an onion, a sweet red bell pepper, a green bell pepper, a pound of 95% lean ground turkey breast, some hot crushed red pepper flakes and some caraway seeds. Quite tasty.

Since yesterday when I was at my target weight of 135, I have gained a pound. On this diet i figure I will weigh 225 in 90 days without the hassle and expense of going to the gym!.

No comments: