Saturday, October 20, 2007

Barbara's blog comes of age...

I got my very first spam posted in a comment!!

Completely off topic to the blog entry in question and in a foreign language.

Doesn't get much spammier than that.

I figured it was in Portuguese since I recognized a few slight variants of Spanish cognitives and I saw the word "Brasil" in the body of the text. I knew that was Brazilian for their country because that's what was stamped on a lot of Volkswagen parts if it doesn't say "Made in Germany".

To the point of the post below, a couple of words in Google (apparently in any language) can get people here if they follow a convoluted enough path.

A silly example: Since my Blog sometimes veers away from crossdressing specific issues, I once mentioned the various cars I have had. Among them are several VW's. I could have mentioned that I could use a transaxle for two of them. Often this is called a tranny. My first conversation about crossdressing with a sales girl happened to be Brazilian. (I meant that as in she was born there, not waxed that way, although come to think of it she might have been both.)

Imagine if my blog references in one part that I have a tranny left over from a VW I had the I parked when the engine got too hot. (actually it does say that now.) Then in a completely unrelated post I state that the sales girl was from Brazil. This prompts a Google hit for "Too Hot Tranny from Brazil with a Brazilian Wax."

I think we are drowning in information.

I used to be a privacy nut long before identity theft was as common place as it is. I would add "apartment A" or "Unit 12" or some such as a code whenever I filled out a credit card application. I ALWAYS opted out from them selling my name and 85% of the time, shortly I'd get junk mail with Unit 12 on it. I'd call the offending company who would swear they didn't do it. I had a friend with the same privacy concerns I had. His solution actually worked better. He woul fill out any and every form, survey and application that came his way..he would cheerfully answer all their questions, vary spellings, addresses. age, gender. middle initials and so on. Hos theory was that if you kept clogging up their machine with junk data, it would reject it. It seemed to work, he got less junk mail than I. A diligent search for him would burn up a lot of time and expense on false trails.

In case any of the (mostly) English speaking readers of my Blog have a pressing need for what I think is some sort of telecom or ISP services that will reach all parts of Brazil, I will post the most helpful message here. Sorry if the Babblefish translation and my redacting the pertinent URL and contact information causes any confusion. I wonder what the initials F U mean when translated into Portuguese.

Oi, I found its blog for google is well interesting I liked this post. It would like to speak on the F.U.Net. The F.U.Net is a dialed supplier of InterNet that remunerates its users for the hardwired time. Accurately this that you read, is paying you to connect. The paid supplier 20 cents for the moment of connection dialed with local linking for more than 2100 cities of Brazil. The F.U.Net has a connection accelerator, that leaves its faster connection up to 10 times. Who uses broad band can also profit, is enough to register in cadastre itself in the F.U.Net and when it will be to sleep to connect for dialed, it is possible to pay the ADSL alone with the money of the dialed one. In the schedules of only minute the expense with telephone is minimum and the remuneration of the generous F.U.Net. If you I to want to linkar F.U.Net(www.F.U.Net.com) in its blog I would be been thankful, until more and success. (If he will be possible add the F.U.Net(www.F.U.Net.com) in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).

Interestingly, www.F.U.Net isn't taken...if you steal my idea I want some royalties.

No comments: