Friday, October 19, 2007

No matter what you write, two words typed into google can find you....

I get visitors to my blog from the oddest of searches. Normally most of the people that read my blog are either regular readers (obviously insomniacs with a need for soporific verbosity),forum members that are following a link either from my siggy or more often when I hyper link there to give the long winded version of a post, or a surprising number that come from Dani's blog who was one of the first people to find me through a search and as far as I know the only blog out there with a link to mine.

All other visitors come from search engine hits.

Dee found a site onetime that MPAA rated your blog is you typed in your url. She got an R, I got a pg-13.It was only one term in my blog on one occasion that got me the 13.

Apparently in explaining that my early interest in making my own little men's mag out of pages from the lingerie sections of catalogs, was innocent in the sense of it not being for masturbatory purposes. Well, including the "tion" version of the word caused some Google interest. I have gotten some hits lately from the combo of Cr0ssdressing and M@sturbation. Not sure what to feel about that. The visitors generally don't stay long unless I have recently posted pics and even then less than a minute.

The most recent one apparently found my blog after paging through THIRTY pages of Google suggestions. That kinda persistence you gotta kinda admire. He stayed for a couple of minutes. I hope he found it informative. The latest pictures I posted I really don't think very likely met his requirements.

On the subject of regular visitors, I know I have some. But I don't really know for sure who your are or where I know you from (assuming I know you at all.) Nearly nobody comments on a post. Likely because I have expressed myself so eloquently n more needs be said).

As a grand experiment, if you happen to read this post in your travels, communicate with me in some fashion. Leave a comment, (anonymous posting is allowed!). Simple as you want. Can be a just "found your blog by searching for _________ ran away scared" or "I am cyberstalking you in preparation for your ultimate demise" or if you wish, "I am ________ on CD.com" "I am a friend of Bill W. and he sent me to see you. Do you dress in the morning? Do you dress alone?" or "THIS IS YOUR MOTHER AND I RESENT THE IMPLICATIONS FOUND HEREIN" (that one I expect any day now..I'd send her a link but I haven't communicated with her in years.)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hehehe...sum funny stuff Barbara. I enjoy your posts on CD.com and of course had to stumble over here as well. I give you credit...I tried this blogging stuff and it lasted for, oh...4 days I think. I'm too much of a curmudgeon to actually think that I REALLY like doing this. ;)

Suzie

Anonymous said...

Hello! Its Jude here, followed your signature on the forum postings. I do a bit of blogging myself but maybe I'll tell you about it someother time (gone all shy :-).....). reading your blog 'cos its interesting.....ooh err cyberstalking. Never thought of that possibility.....

Barbara_Talbot said...

HEY!!!!!

I got my very frst spam entry...what an important rite of passage. And it was in Portuguese to boot!
If I could have gotten a better babble fish translation I'd have edited it to redirect spam their way..but I'd probably still generate traffic for them, so sadly I had to delete.

The rest of ya'all thanks for checking in...:)

Anonymous said...

Hi Barbara,
I found your blog by following your link from crossdressers-forum.com. I like your style of writing no matter what topic you talk about.
I am one who probably checks in every day or so to see what's new.

Connie (on crossdressers-forum.com)

Pretty Sissy Dani said...

Well, you KNOW I'm a regular reader. Do you really get that many visits from my blog? I'm amazed...

Anonymous said...

yes...I'd say I get at least 10 visits maybe 15 week from yours!

Surprised me too. I would have thought kind of different audiences, yours is a bit more fantasy driven, mine a bit more slice of life and often I don;t get around to actual Cd issues.

I see from time to time when I check out clicks that a similar number of mine head your way.