Sunday, October 21, 2007

"MAKING" her accept. me...

Some one typed "How to make wife accept crossdressing" into Google. This misguided soul was pretty persistent in his search for the impossible.

He evidently paged through 17 pages of Google entries, and found me right after -

Giuliani Tells Christian Right: I Am Not Your Enemy - The Caucus ...
wifes and his new wife has 3(!) husbands. These people don’t know how to make a compromise. It’s stays in a character for ever. ...
thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/10/20/giuliani-tells-christian-right-i-am-not-your-enemy


I had a post earlier about odd Google combinations generating hits on my blog. The thing that bugged Dee about it (other than the "MAKE" her part..) was that it was her comment to me on a blog entry about my history that triggered the Google hit.

You have always worn way too much guilt on your shoulders for things that you needn't feel guilty about. And that guilt just feeds itself, leading you to behaviors that aren't appropriate. I wish you could learn to love and accept yourself as I love and accept you.

Yes, she is accepting, and used the word "accept". But how the heck does Google know she is my wife??? No, I didn't "MAKE" her accept me. Really I didn't do anything to persuade her to be accepting. I chose well in general when deciding who to marry, but neither of us are really very much the same people we were 15 years ago.

It occurs to me that his query, and the companion query "How can I MAKE my husband stop crossdressing?" are based on a pretty flawed idea that we can strongly influence another's feelings.

A better question would be- "How can I as a crossdresser better assure my wife of my love for her?" or "How can I assure my crossdressing husband that I love him?"

No comments: