Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Feeling all male yesterday.

Funny how these feelings wax and wane. I found another thrift store with all for dollar days. I had planned to go yesterday and pick-up a couple of things I saw the day before. When Dee came back from her part time job she wanted to know if I was still going. I was sort of indifferent,but I went along.

I got the men's suit for the teenager I had seen, an all wool men's waist-coat made in Scotland, and a misfiled size 12 womans double breasted. It wasn't really shopping as I'd spotted those the day before in anticipation of the $1 sale. I half-heartedly browsed dresses and came up with a red button-up shirt dress and a polyester blue choir dress. I just couldn't get into the spirit of it.

Dee found some great t-shirts with that the kids refer to as sarcastic shirts because of the sayings imprinted thereon. She got several more shirts for her layering shirt collection. The pink wool patterned knee length skirt she got me is interesting. She refers to it as a Chanel inspired design. She also found me a brown raw silk skirt in a longer length that I think she plans on borrowing back when her plummeting weight puts her into a size 10.

Coming home I did a little reading on crossdressers.com There is yet another thread there about the fact the women can wear anything and men are ridiculed for doing the same. The original post was off the mark I felt because his example, (a coffee commercial with a girl wearing her man's boxer shorts) missed the point. The point was a sexy woman is sexy no matter what she wears. I had already posted as much a day or two ago on the thread. The thread has struck a nerve with GG's as they insist (rightly) that their wearing trousers, or a t-shirt or even ~gasp~ boxers isn't done to crossdress. Somehow it degenerated to flinging a statement about how men have all the power in the workplace. This "angried up" my blood. I personally have been actively and openly discriminated against at a Fortune 500 company. Over the span of 4 years it went from a job alongside cigar smoking men and hard women, to "kinder and gentler" BILL COLLECTING. I kid you not. New promotions were only given to women and gay men. Only two straight male supervisors were left after 4 years. one out of 4 managers was a male, again a hold-over. When the director was hired to replace the very male director who had personally hired all these women and gays, I overheard a woman saying, "FINALLY! We can now get things straightened out around here!"

Effectiveness during these years plummeted. 10 million dollars a month was sent to outside collection agencies from our center alone. Most of it was collectible. Collection agencies get 25-30% of that 10 million dollars for collecting it. I wonder how those oppressive white male stockholders felt about this grand experiment in kinder and gentler collecting? Oh, wait, I do know. share price dropped from $38 a share to as low as $15. Funny how losing millions of dollars can affect the bottom line.

Anyway, typing up my response post to that, as well as this rant here didn't make me want to emulate women in anyway. Must be nice to be a member of a 'minority' that has higher birthrates, employment rates and survival rates. Its good to have 'majority rules' if it favors you, rather than letting common sense rule.

No comments: