Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Driver's License Weight.

When I was young, short and skinny and concerned those attributes didn't contribute to my whole macho aura, it embarrassed me to put my weight down on my driver's license.

My first license showed me at 5'8" I think since I being a math whiz and understanding significant figures and rounding decided that 67.653 inches tall can accurately be described as 5'8". I was a little more hesitant about the weight box...after all this is an official government document. I put my weight at I think 107 lbs.

I tended to drive a little fast in cars that looked less than roadworthy and managed to get off with a warning or a repair order several times. I could've kissed the cop once though (if not for his bristly mustache) when he estimated my weight for the citation at 135 lbs. Thanking him for his courtesy (and poor eyesight) I felt extremely buff. The 3 hours a day in the gym and 5,000 cals a day diet was paying off if not showing on the scale that refused to budge above 112.

When I lost my license, on the replacement application I decided that 135 was good enough for the cops, it was good enough for me.

I had this license for years. Probably about 10 years ago I actually hit that weight, and more. The next license replacement I found myself at 165 and developing a gut despite my abstinence from the brewer's finest. I put down 150 and there my license has stayed for years. At some point in my diet maybe a month or two ado, I actually matched my license weight.

The last week or so I am back down to the cop's estimate. Maybe its time to apply for an ID with my new weight, and maybe a trace of blush?

Edit: 12/16/2007 Despite adding butter, whole milk and white bread back into my diet I can't seem to get back up t driver's license weight. Once I slid below 130 I can't seem to gain. I have been at 127 for a couple of weeks. Today I stepped on the scale and saw 125 for the first time in probably 12 years. I am burying this in an early post to mark the day. I don;t want my wife to see this because it mustn't overshadow a really nice milestone for her also today. she is sub 140 just today for the first time in probably as long. She is really happy about it, I can;t possibly steal her thunder on this. I plan to work out a bit, lose some fat, gain some lean muscle, maybe settle in at about this weight. When she hits her now new goal of 125, I'll let her bask in it and then she will smile at this entry...Love you dear.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Barb, Again I love your writing style. I am glad I ran across your blog. I just saw that there was one from Dee and I want to look at that one too.

I have never ever had trouble gaining weight...ever.