Monday, October 1, 2007

My Walmart shirt was pretty expensive.

Yesterday at church, in addition to more worshipful thoughts, it occurred to me that my button-down plain white shirt cost 5 times what the rest of the outfit cost. I wore an all-merino-wool summer-weight sport coat by Cerruti, a genuine Paolo Gucci tie, and a nice pair of olive woman's slacks in a men's cut. $1 each. I did spend maybe $7 for the shoes, the belt was free from a dumpster excursion.

Next week I think I'll wear my Brooks Brother's blazer with an Armani tie. Playing dress-up as Barbara has sure improved my male wardrobe. I always used to wear a pair of tan dockers and whatever tie I could find in the mad dash before church, and was generally late getting there. Now I am actually planning it out the night before. Weird to occasionally be the be best dressed dude in the room.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

not the red dress to church :)That would wake up the family in the row behind you.

Barbara_Talbot said...

Funny you should mention. I did buy a red dress yesterday. But I think the blue one I bought with it would be more appropriate. Its a square necked with a faux cowl and puffy sleeves and floor length. Dee thinks it was a choir dress. Now Ive got to work on raising my baritone a couple of octaves!