Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Blurfing up a storm...

I have a policy of when a client asks a stupid question - and yes there are stupid questions , Virginia. The degree of stupidity dictates the length of the response. The dumber the question the longer an explanatory letter or addendum they get. SO far as I know, no one has worked out my metric, much less the sarcasm necessary to belabor some of the points. My personal favorite runs to a good page and a 1/2 and explains in some detail how it is that an investor will purchase something at below it's apparent market value due to either the distress of the selling party or the intrinsic appeal or lack there of of the thing purchased. It goes on to explain that once the deficiencies are remedied such as removal of green,shag,cat-peed, carpeting that the renewed appeal of the now fresh-smelling travertine-d object might well fetch on the open market a sum that is greater than the sum of the original purchase price plus the repairs. This odd concept is known as profit and is why investors buy that ugly haunted house on the corner in the first place, aside from their primary motive of course in raising your property values and bringing that wonderful family (or crack dealer as the case may be) to live on your street.

OOOPS starting to get long winded...wouldn't want my readers to feel THEY (both of 'em) were bing punished here....

Anyway, I told you that so I can tell you this....

Dee knows I like to read, was aware that I like to write if only in the context of punishment. She long ago started a blog for me two or more years ago when she started hers, she offered to get me rolling, and even type up my thoughts. She knows well that I have no shortage of opinions on just about any subject you could name. In hindsight, I think she was hoping to unload some of my unloading on the rest of the world who deserved it more than she as she tends to not ask stupid questions.

Flash forward to that fateful forum post I read about straight crossdressers and bi-sexual girls and the weird and funny and sometimes sexy journey that ensued. I acquired a blog again. I wrote, and wrote some more. I have barely paused. I write, I read, I write some more.

I cut, I paste, I slice, dice make julienne fries and then post the recipe.

I have very little idea who reads this. 4,000 people in 3 months or so. That baffles me a bit. Even more so if I consider it to be LESS than 4,000 since that meant some of you all come back for more. I am aware of the existence of masochists, just haven't met many. I mean there is my wife, but when I met her I married her believing this to be a rare species I had collected...but I digress...

I don't know what I want this blog to be but (I think) I have an idea of what I don't want it to be. I am not interested in attracting an audience of trannie-chasers as they tend to be as I understand it, straight males. Since I am a straight male myself, I feel I would have nothing in common with them...hmmm that sounds wrong.. Now if there is a contingent of hot nubile young lesbian tranny-chasers I may reconsider my position vis-a-vis content I choose to provide here.

I do find that pictures tend to lengthen visits, and I am conflicted about what that might mean. I do appreciate the relatively chaste admiration of other crossdressers when and if I can garner it, and really should be secure enough in my own homophobia to not care about the rest.

I also consider the possibility of the wife that has found hubby's panties and goes online searching for hubby wears panties or the like. I'd like to hope for all closeted CD's that at some point they can share this part of themselves, and I can't see my blog helping them much, but I sure don;t want to drive someones wife screaming to the locksmith after reading my blog.

I try to keep my links fairly safe for work. I think about how they might reflect on me.

When I first started I used my blog as a safe repository for all sorts of kinky links that I'd don;t want the kids seeing bookmarked. I then decided for a while to 'clean' it up a little.

I worry now though that it doesn't accurately reflect my online surfing at all. I really enjoy going from one blog to another in random vectors,. I have discovered a lot of really good writers that way. Smile a lot, learned more.

I think I am going to go back to posting links to the blogs I myself read and too heck with you all if you think my magazine rack is looking a little seedy. Theres a pristine copy of scientific American and Omni at the bottom that I'm going to get to right after I read a few more pages of Always Aroused Girl, Belle du Jour, and Confessions of a College Call Girl.

Oh the blurfing...thats my word of the day...Dee taught it to me then rescinded (briefly ) permission to use same when she decided it was in common usage in her vanilla community and if it isn't Web-wide, it may out us...turns out its in fair use.

No comments: