Friday, August 31, 2007

Barbara's shopping continues unabated.

I had field work to do in an adjacent town of our metropolis. I forgot cameras batteries. Searching for a store that I could get some, I ran across a Goodwill thrift store I hadn't seen in years. I made a mental note and went back to finish the inspection. Afterwards, I went in and told myself I was just going to find an Asian collared dress to trade Dee out of the dress I like.

I took pictures of the dresses I thought she would like but none were quite what I needed to effect a trade. I was browsing the dresses when they reminded by loudspeaker that all purple tags are $1. Changing tactics, I started grabbing everything with a purple tag that was my size or Dee's. I got a pair of black silky pajama pants and a dress for Dee as well as a couple of fun items, one of which is probably the right size. Most of the dresses Dee's size were pretty picked over, none of the relatively cute ones were purple tags.

I reluctantly passed on six little black dresses in my size because we bought me an LBD the other day, and I can't really see where I am likely to wear one, but they looked cute. I grabbed several dresses for me including one that said size 14 but looked smaller than that. It turned out to be a girls 14 so it became property of our twelve year old tho loved if. I got two men's sport coats in 100% wool. I got a size 8 brown leather skirt that I can squeeze into if I don't breathe. I got a pair of size 10 black slacks that are too big in the hips, but with padding, might help my proportions. I got a size 8 pair of pink slacks by Talbot's, so of course I had to get it. Even though the name I chose had nothing to do with the store, I find I do kind of favor their style.

In the dresses a three fit great, one fit ok at top but was a little chunky looking lower and just wasn't that cute on. One totally isn't going to fit but I insisted Dee zip me up. It looked so good on. I was convinced that another 5 or 10 lbs would squeeze me into it. Dee, without being catty about it, explained that it isn't going to fit right even if I lost more. The binding is mostly in the ribcage area and although I am almost an 8 on my lower 1/2, the size 14 top even with-out any padding isn't likely to shrink much. I think this is just one of those male frame / female frame things I'm going to have to live with. One red bandanna dress feels really good on, just snug in the right places. I am going to have to re-visit my sewing skills at some point if I am ever going to get good fitting clothes.

I am hovering at 142-143 lbs these days down 25 from when I started dressing en femme about 3 months ago. I think that may be about as light as I realistically can go and stay healthy. I would like to swap about 15 lbs of fat for 10 lbs of muscle. Its going to take exercise to do that, and I am too blasted weak from being calorie low to do that. The hottest summer on record here hasn't helped either. I think I'll go make myself tat rib-eye steak I have in the fridge and do some sit-ups while it cooks.

No comments: