Sunday, September 2, 2007

Further retail therapy.

Dee and I hit a couple of Goodwill thrift stores Saturday. We spent much too much but got some cute things. In the first store, I got mostly things for my manly side. With my diet I am no longer snug in size 15.5 necks, I am actually comfortable in 14.5 which was my size for years. Good to have less chins to accommodate. I got two short sleeve dress shirts and three polo style shirts, two with new tags on them. None over $4. I also got a pair of male running shorts by Adidas. I was reluctant to spend the $7 for a pair of used shorts but I only have male knee-length and girl shorts. I am more likely to run en homme than en femme. Turned out that color tag was 50% off.

I almost got a shirt for the 12 year old that said "Will work for shoes" but decided that was more about me than her. Speaking of shoes, Dee got some red strappy heels, a pair of tie on sling backs, some spectator pumps. We got a dress to share, and one for me and a couple for her. I got a handful of ties but they didn't make it home :( not sure why I think I set them down.

Passed on a handmade desk with a repair done to a broken hinge. The hinge repair has to be 40-50 years old at least. The actual piece looks like something someone cobbled together out of old really wide floorboards. It was kind of rustic but interesting details. It had little cubbies and drawers and slots under the angled lift top. I noticed the piece was actually nailed together, but what made it interesting was I think the nails were hand-forged. really interesting, but what to do with somehting like that. Plus thats 40 pieces of clothing on dollar day.

2 comments:

Dee Talbot said...

And what about our cute matching shirts!! We are going to look so nauseatingly cute when we take out picture together

Unknown said...

Oh, Barbara ... love the look! Enjoy the shopping frenzy.