Saturday, September 8, 2007

Deportment or "How to Stand like a Chick"

My first rudimentary attempts to pass as a women occurred only about 3 months ago. I took photos to see for myself how the clothes looked and to be able to get some feedback on what I could do to improve. This was all in preparation for my big plan to wow my wife with my loveliness.

Since then with Dee's help there have been some major improvements. There are indefinable cues that say to the human eye, "That is a female" or "That is a male". One of the things she taught me was how a woman shifts her body slightly, really without thinking about in in a way that is slimming to the camera. She showed me countless examples of stars on the red carpet and you could tell which saw the camera and which were caught off guard. My first example of the pictures I took I wasn't sure what was wrong with the pose. I laughed to see the pose men make when standing in front of a urinal.


I long ago dumped many photos that were frighteningly unflattering. Yes, even worse than that, ~shudder~ far,far worse. One where I wore some glasses and a prominent set of double chins looked like my dad in drag. This was not a pleasant sight to say the least. The double chin one was deleted in the camera. A couple of more pictures survived the later digital purge.



Recently, a new member on crossdressers.com Alena from Minsk posted a link to their home page. Stunning photos. What really struck me, and Dee when I showed her was how well the posing was done especially the most recent few photo sets. I asked about it and was told that the secret for them was to take lots of digital pictures to practice, and learn from the "male" looking ones whatnot to do and to remember to repeat the poses of the "female" appearing poses. The results really speak for themselves. I highly recommend a look.

Another great resource for CD's is Rene Reyes page. For posing tips her section on posing is really useful. Dee read it and got some insights on what it is that I was doing wrong that she could see was off but just couldn't then put her finger on what it was.

I should include an after pose that resulted from Dee's coaching just a month after the first were taken, This one was from our first photo shoot together and after our first thrift store splurge. The make-up was (well is) still a learning process so a little B&W filter and some clever photo-shopping helped with beard shadow. Improvement, but still needs work. A couple of photo sessions later was better still. I have high hopes of continuing the trend of self improvement until I can sing with confidence, "I Fell Pretty..."

1 comment:

Dee Talbot said...

Reason #1 to have been honest with me to begin with. (Well, maybe reason #2...#1 being, I AM YOUR WIFE DAMNIT!!!!!!!)