Wednesday, August 29, 2007

2 girls, all new wardrobes for $43.

I love thrift stores. Dee had to run an errand and I convinced her there were several thrift stores on the way. We never made it to any of the others after the first one.

It has some "siddifi-cent" racks out front of the about to be dumpstered, picked over, clothes. Dee really enjoyed going through them and saying, "Too big", "No that's a large", "Oh no, thats MUCH to big!". Her diet is going fabulously well. We have discussed that since Barbara's coming out we have both done really well.

We found some staple tops, Dee found a cute zip front sweater top. As we were about to leave they brought more out, and then more. We kept trying to keep up with the ugly stuff, and THEN they mention that it $1.01 day EVERYTHING in clothing is $1 and we are wasting time on the 65 cent junk. Grabbing a cart we went in.

We each got a little black dresses. Mine was a little small maybe a size 8, but really stretchy fabric so I went with it. Dee got her a little small as an incentive to keep on her diet. Dee got a really beautiful midnight blue full-length dress with an offset back slit and a Asian collar. It is a little small for her for now so I generously offered to model it. She seems to think I am planning on stealing it. It is a great dress, but she did say it is more my color, If I can find a similar dress in red, she'll trade me. That dress will be mine!

Dena found the cutest little red hooded poncho. "Little Red Riding Hood, I really don't think you should..go walking through the deep dark woods alone..." I found a guys thinsulite lined, trench coat misfiled with the women's coats. Then I found a classic women's overcoat, pulling it out I checked the tag, 100% camel hair for $1! then I found another in a wool mohair blend. Dee got a great womans navy pea coat.

OK it was not shoe day, but as Dee says, I am a shoe whore. I really tried to feed my male side, but none of the shoes were even remotely interesting. I settled on the least offensive some white loafers, that Dee assures me they are hideous.

I found a nice pair of basic white pumps in a medium heel, a pair of strappy white mules. Dee got some great classic black patent leather pumps that remind her of the clothing from "Mad Men". Dee found a pair of 9 1/2 inch womens loafers which she tried on and said fit her because they were narrow. I said go ahead and get them when she pointed out they were from Talbot's which has become an inside joke because of Barb's last name. I figured I would borrow 'em. I misunderstood she did mean them for me so that $10 to the Barbara side of the column.

I found a tennis racket for an upcoming photo shoot idea we had.

total $43. The fun we had..priceless.

1 comment:

Dee Talbot said...

I will also take one in black, embroidered with peonies...