Saturday, December 8, 2007

Went to a thrift store again today...

Bought nothing femme unless you count the Calvin Klein button fly jeans for my manly photo-shoot. I got a pair of Justin Western boots for $7 too. Dee made me pass on a genuine Stetson for $24 not because of price but because it was the official authorized version of by Burt Reynold's in the acclaimed Smokey and the Bandit

Speaking of, I didn't have occasion to outrun any Smokeys on my last trip. I managed a leisurely 75 mph average speed over a distance of 435 miles. Which is pretty impressive if you saw the construction zones, the times I really did slow down through hall the small towns and the no-passing crawls. I never went over 120 miles per hour as I told a nice old lady at the clinic that mentioned she thought I drove a little too fast.

The boots were nice and fit well. I wrote about them and the Justin Roper's I found for Dee one night of dumpster diving on my diving blog here.

It wasn't that I wasn't feeling femme at all its just that Barbara has a pretty extensive wardrobe that I haven't been able to wear all of yet, let alone out somewhere. At one thrift store Dee refused to use the dressing rooms because they had curtains instead of actual lockable doors. I picked a stall to try on the jeans, and noticed a red sparkly medium sized cocktail dress. How fun I thought. At $24 I wasn't going to buy it, but maybe to try on. I sat and was taking off my boots when an older lady stuck her head in my stall and said, "Oh, sorry!" with a blush. Imagine her chagrin if I had been halfway into that cocktail dress. I placed my boots near the front to signal that a manly man was gettin' disrobe-ed in thar'. No one bothered me while I tried on the dress. (It did fit OK but I am not so into the 80's shoulder pads look). Jeans fit, and rather than hassle with changing back I pulled on my boots and transfered my pocket litter to my new jeans. I paid for my old jeans again on the way out making my new ones free, and my old ones cost about $3 total.

Since I am STILL under 130 despite eating country-style at my sister-in- law's on my trip, I had some greasy and delicious fish and chips for dinner. All in all a good day.

No comments: