Sunday, June 24, 2007

Cooking as Barbara Billingsley.

My SO and I were talking about our eating plans and our progress. (She is down 12 lbs to Barbara's loss of 11 so she no longer glares at Barbara on the scale thinking "You skinny BITCH!")

Barry has always enjoyed cooking and does a fair amount of the food prep and cooking. We always eat pretty well when he is feeling creative. Probably something phallic but he loves to toss large knifes around and slice and dice, the faster the better.

Last few nights he has prepared a couple of different versions of a stir fry, and the third night freshened up the previous two versions with some fresh wok'ed cabbage and a smidge of a sweet Thai chili garlic sauce.

As I cooked I wish I had the privacy to dress. I pictured myself in a sleeveless suit that we had seen in clearance at Coldwater Creek. I imagined pearls around my neck and wearing fairly low (by Barry's standards) kitten heels. A short little frilly apron completed the tableau. What I actually wore was manly biker short cotton underwear under camouflage patterned flannel jammies pants with a white polo shirt.

The only nod to my feminine side was the pink pearl toenail polish and Barbara's too strong cat-eye reading glasses when I needed to do some fine chopping. With Barry's surgeon-like hands,(oh, now denuded of hair) and Barbara's patience, I sliced very even shoe string potatoes, tossed them in olive oil and then made two batches of baked fries. One with cilantro and paprika, One with rosemary and sea salt. I grilled some bone in skinless chicken breasts that I marinated in olive oil and rosemary, and added a salad of Romaine cucumber, celery and tomato with Newman's Raspberry and Walnut Vinaigrette. Barbara walked it upstairs to Dee and was rewarded with enthusiastic accolades.


Today we (Dee and Barbara) were lounging in bed with our laptops. Exchanging girl talk, sharing feelings, that kind of crap. (As Barry would see it) It felt nice to be browsing together , no secrets, reading posts on crossdressers.com and looking at clothes and legs together. Dee has mad skills in photo-manipulation (see also the post below!!) She downloaded a trial version of a make-over program (The Mirror of Beauty)that had a feminize option as well. Her eyes lit up as she found options like bee-sting for lips and Botox injections. We tried all sorts of options, and at some point got a face that we agreed was feminine and pretty. We found a cute sporty short 'do that Barbara felt sexy in and would be perfect for her to run in wearing her new hot pink sports bra. Does nothing for Barry since his bias is the longer the hair the better.

Messing with hair color, and styles we hit upon one that left Dee stunned. She reported that the picture alone cause an unexpected and very sudden rush of physical attraction. It brought a flutter to my heart to achieve the best possible result within a week of the big talk about my CD urges.

I was grateful when she showed acceptance. Thrilled to have her at least enjoy with me the shopping and the "playing Barbie with Barbara". Finally, I was overcome to see the same look of desire in her eyes that she has for Barry when she is really "in the mood."

1 comment:

Jessica Olin said...

I want those recipes! *kisses*