Saturday, November 8, 2008

She's got legs.......

Kinda manly, hirsute legs.

I've been wanting to wax for a while, time/endorphins/assistance/courage have been in short supply.

I have read a lot, and experimented more about hair removal in its many forms. I have tried for Alyssa Milano's legs with Veet. I have shaved with from one to four blades. I have waxed with horribly sticky purple goo, to pleasant citrus-y green honey-sweet Nads. (Something tells me Nad's doesn't mean the same thing in Australia!) I have even removed a few stray hairs with tweezers and once, needle nose pliers! What I have come to believe is that hair grows in cycles with various follicles falling out at various times in no real pattern. Some days smooth smooth legs are assaulted the very next day with a growth of previously dormant follicles, and other times re-growth is slower.

It does seem that if you keep after it the follicles go into remission bit. Such was the case a month ago. There was one smoothly waxed patch on a thigh where I had given up and shaved the rest. I observed that the waxed portion was more sparsely repopulated with new growth. I was going to re-wax, then foolishly put it off because of a Doctor's visit. In the mean time the hairs have gotten too long to comfortably wax.

No comments: