Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Male Squeamishness.

So, I went to the Doctor today for a male well-check. I expected a hernia check and a prostate exam. There was a gallon size bottle of lube. I had hopes that the entire bottle wouldn't be necessary.

He probe a bit, I turned and coughed...he said to I think his relief as much as mine, "You don't really need a prostate check at your age." (At 43 I think he's wrong but I didn't protest.)

One of the reasons I hadn't waxed as of late was anticipating this exam. So I chickened out. I had had some concerns about enlargement a year or so ag, but I rationalized that those symptoms have gone away so perhaps I'm fine.

My wife's comment was "Pussy!" I pointed out to her that as a CD I didn't find that particular epitaph all that offensive.

"You march right back in there and ask that man to stick his finger up your bum!" I didn't heed that advice.

Later she was pointing out that men seem to have no problem with anal penetration as long as it isn't them being penetrated. Um, yeah.

No comments: