Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The intangible gender switch.

It isn't on/off exactly.

It isn't a dimmer switch.

It comes, it goes.

Today we had to go back to the town with the thrift stores, mostly to take the middle child to a dental appointment.

As I dressed, I anticipated that I would be a little en femme in my mood and was looking forward to shopping. I even put on a pair of plain whit cotton Hane's (panties, of course). Do you think that is what Michael meant in the commercials when he said, "Just as long as they say Hane's!"?

In the store, later, I just wasn't feeling it. I saw one spaghetti strapped cream shell with a padded shelf bra built in, but , meh...

It could be a little intimidation since our middle child's IQ of 180ish makes talking over her head impossible, so subtle signals weren't possible. Or maybe wrangling the toddler, hard into her "terrible two's" phase with a penchant for running every time she gets feet to floor.

I am looking forward to getting my "male well-care visit" out of the way. Why is it that I feel more comfortable with a health care professional seeing/poking and prodding my ass if it is clad in its natural hairy state? I cant wait to denude it again after the visit. I have noticed that it is hard for me to get "en femme" in my mind when I am hirsute. It just goes against all that I think of as womanly. (Yeah I know millions of European women can't be wrong yada yada yada...)

No comments: